Sunday, October 19, 2014

Visit to Vizag(my hometown) after HUDHUD

Hello people,

Hope everyone's doing well there.. Finally I've reached Visakhapatnam a couple of days back with a lot of difficulty. Boarded a bus to travel between my place and my hometown. It took four long hours to travel and the journey was quite tiresome with mixed emotions.

It made my heart heavy while entering the outskirts of my home town because there isnt any tree left with complete branches and leaves.. The so called GREEN CITY turned into a desert like place which made my eyes filled with tears. Buildings were damaged, trees and current poles were uprooted. But salute to our Chief Minister, Shri Chandra Babu Naidu garu who made impossible things possible. There was electricity restored in few places. People came out of their houses and started exploring the neighborhood. Airport and shopping malls were completely withered with the wind. I believe its the first city in India to be completely washed away with a single cyclone.




By the time I've reached my house, there was no electricity. My parents were having their dinner in the light of candles. With a heavy heart and provisions & vegetables in hand(which I've purchased to share with my neighbors) I've got in and found that there was no water to refresh. Took few empty buckets and walked to the next street and used the HAND-BORE pump line to get water for our daily usage. The very next day, workers team from Kurnool, a place in andhrapradesh have come to restore the electricity. After two days of continuous struggle, they've succeeded in restoring electricity at my place however on a condition that its provided between 9pm to 9am everyday.


And as of today, we've managed to clean the area successfully. We removed the uprooted trees, cut wires on the ground, debris all around in our entire area and made it neat. In the coming days we are planning to plant small trees in the entire city, starting from my area.


Hope you people pray for us because your prayers and best wishes will make us stronger and rebuild our hometown to a better condition.

With best regards,
Sriram Mallik Mocherla.

1 comment:

  1. Praying god for vizag speedy recovery - Comment By http://india-newsbuzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete